Weekly retrospective #43: ... something to declare?

Yesterday one of my (many) photographic dreams came true. Shooting at the old main customs office in Munich. It is over 100 years old and a well restaurated document of that time period. On top you will find an impressive glas dome, 45m high. The whole building is 180m long.

I went there with my son Mark who handled the second camera to shoot additional images.
It is always interesting for myself to see that he completely shoots so different stuff at the same place that I am often in doubt that we have been there at the same time.

So here two first images of the crane hall at the old main custom office, stiched together from two images. It is more than impressive to stay there and 40 meters above you see the glass dome. More images will follow.

The midpoint of the glass dome is exactly in the middle of the orginal image, but I manipulated it so there is the exact same distance from the balkony (sides) to the edge of the image. We haven't had a laser pointer so we could determine the exact middle of the tower. Maybe next time we will carry one with us. When I look at the first image right now ... I think I need to rework it as it needs some more detail in the glass dome texture. With all the images please keep in mind that this was a first inspection, because there are not too much images on the internet and the building could only be visited with a permission. No excuse at all, but a promis to come back and shoot more ...

All images copyright by Martin Duerr and Hauptzollamt München

As always enjoy.






Kommentare

Beliebte Posts