Weekly retrospective #15: Follow up on the 808


Yet one more week with my new Nokia 808.

Again I have to speak about the iPhone and the Nokia 808 comparison, something I don’t want to do … but I have to.

I talked about the iPhone and the apps and that’s the keypoint. You shoot with a special app in mind for editing like Snapseed, or you shoot directly with an app like Camera +. As all these apps are missing on the Nokia, so you shoot like you would do with any P+S camera around. You are more concentrated on the format you will take, exposure controls and so on. You know that you can edit everything later on your PC or Mac. 

As said before I’m missing a RAW+JPEG safe functionality, but there is a simple workaround. Just open the JPEG’s in PS as “open as” and then choose the Camera RAW entry. If you choose the 2010 process under camera calibration you are able to select a “Recovery” slider in the basic settings. So I tend to use the camera with slightly underexposed settings to avoid the highlight clipping “feature” under bright sunlight.

Enjoy the images (All edited in PS and Snapseed)!











Kommentare

Beliebte Posts