Weekly retrospective #14: NOKIA 808, ROUND 2


Another week with my new Nokia 808 and of course some new observations.

First of all I stopped my personal comparison with the iPhone, as the two “cameras” follow another target. While the iPhone camera/lens isn’t that great, the whole hype is all about the combination of the phone
and the apps.
There are almost no apps for the Nokia, so I miss the apps from the iPhone for sure, but I changed my workflow and all images are transferred to the computer/iPad and edited there. This takes more time as working directly on the capturing device, but the time for the transfer is minimal.

The biggest drawback of the Nokia is the highlight clipping “feature” which blows out bright areas in images taken under bright sunlight. Exposure compensation won’t help too much as the overall exposure seems to be right, except the bright areas. I hope a firmware update will fix that soon.

If I could ask for some other additions I would like to see a TIFF/RAW format and an HDR function like the iPhone has one.

Haven’t used the scene modes so far, I mostly work with the camera in creative mode.

More to come. Enjoy!

 






 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts