Weekly retrospective #72: The big SWITCH

I'm old enough to be one of the lucky photographers that grew up in the analog world and switched over to the digital galaxy.

I enjoyed haveing films with only 36 "exposures" and really loved the work in the darkroom. I'm was not a huge fan of waiting for dia positives and always wish there would be a way to see the images taken directly after the shot. Believe me polaroids have their own charm, but this was not the final solution.

I immediately switched over to the digital camera train when it was still slow enough to taste all the disadvantages of slow autofocus and all other drawbacks.
I often thought by myself what would have happend to painters like Turner or Rembrandt if they had a chance to live in a period where the "technical" preconditions for their art changed.

I'm not sure if all their attention to detail and their style would have changed. What do you think.

Did my style changed from analog to digital?
Take a look and judge by yourself.

All images on the left taken with a Pentax ME Super and several lenses. On the right you will see digital shots (with different cameras).

Enjoy




Kommentare

Beliebte Posts