Weekly retrospective #10: HUMAN RIGHTS

One important right in conjunction with personal rights here in Germany is the “right in one’s own picture”, which means that no one is allowed to take a picture of you and publish it without your permission.

I ran into that problem last week when I visited the Munich zoo and took some images at the bird of prey show. While at the zoo I didn’t controlled the images, so I get aware of the funny content when at home and editing the pictures.

So what to do, not to harm the rights of the employee and the zoo? I wrote to them and soon got an answer back that I can use the image but have to add the note “copyright Tierpark Hellabrunn” which is the name of the zoo. If I will sell the image for a magazine then the zoo wants to participate in the earnings …. ;-)


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts