Weekly retrospective #66: Things which have an influence on me (and my pictures)

Although visual stimuli have an influence on what we do in art and photography, the influence of dedicated literature can't be neglected.

I have been a big fan of Ray Bradburry, H.P. Lovecraft, Ambrose Birece and Edgar Allen Poe to name a few and I'm sure all of their stories and tales have a strong influence of what I'm drawing or shooting.

It's all about those stories which let you enter a complete different world, you are about to leave your space-time continuum. Similar to those stories I try to achieve the same "effect" with my artwork. Let the viewer step deep into something he has never seen before and give him or her a chance to wander off in these virtual spaces. It is not about "how did he achived that style" ... it is all about emotions.

Below you will find a few exmaples, some of them have been published earlier, but they should give you something to think about.

Enjoy!




Kommentare

Beliebte Posts