Weekly retrospective #30: THE BRIDGE

Let's go on with the last post for this year.

This time I want to talk about "THE BRIDGE", nothing else than the fact that I always see a realtionship (a bridge) between illustration and photography.

In the early days of photography, the artist, or better: photographer looked for objects and situation which would stay in place for an amount of time as the exposure of the plates took several minutes. When printed in newspapers the same techniques have been used as for the illustrations, so in the early days the photographic results looked like very, very detailed etchings.

Always something I want to realize with a few of my images/photos. Below you will find some of these, finalized image and work in progress.

I wish all of you a happy new year and hope to see you again next year when new blog entries will arise! Enjoy!










Kommentare

Beliebte Posts